Thursday 6 September 2012

Back to School POSITIVITY!

It's that time again, the summer had ended and the grey clouds of school loom. On Tumblr and Facebook I've seen so many people with a negative reaction to going back (me included) and I just wanted to reassure some of you to hopefully make you feel more confident and inspired for going back!:)

Don't be Nervous!!!

I was SUPER nervous about going back, I was crying and getting myself so frustrated over the thoughts of going back and getting mixed in classes. I soon realised after going back to school that there's nothing to be worried about! Everyone is more or less in the same position, nervous about leaving their friends or meeting new people, you just need to talk! If you're placed next to someone you'd never dream of partnering up with, just talk to them, compliment their hair, shoes or bag, talk about the work. You can't complain about people not talking to you if you don't try to talk yourself:D

THINK POSITIVE!!!

Don't give yourself a constant battle with negative thoughts-"I don't know anyone in drama I'm going to be alone and maths is really boring I don't know anyone in there either"-think positive thoughts. Try to channel out bad thoughts by reassuring yourself that everyone is friendly, lots of people are in the same position as you, you are funny and friendly, you will make lots of friends in your new classes, you will have lots of chances to meet potential best friends!!! Be yourself, be amazing!!!

I hope that this has helped you-if you take away at least one thing from this post, make it BE YOURSELF! As long as you remember this, you will go far and overcome any worries that you have. Have a great school year xx

No comments:

Post a Comment